Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg Maxey

Default Multiple sub-entries for one main entry

Mailmerge is definitely not my strong suit. I became curious today to learn how to do a specific task.

Say I have an Excel spread sheet with names in column A
and some other data in column B. Because there can be one or more data elements in Column B, some of the A cells are blank. Like this:

Name Fav Color
Fred Red
White
Blue
Bill Green
Yellow
Mary Purple
Gold

Could I use this construction in some way to create a mailmerge like:

Dear Fred,

Your favority colors are red, white, and blue

Dear Bill

Your favorite colors are green and yellow.

Etc.

If not, how would I have to layout the datasource to achieve this. Thanks.