Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track changes: Moves: Major bug

Once something has been tracked as a Move, it cannot be rejected.
Selecting text that's green gives you the check and x for accept and
reject, but they have no effect; attempting to drag a double-
struckthrough passage simply gives the "This text is marked as
deleted" message.

The only way to undo a Move is via Undo -- and if some editing has
been done since the move, it of course all goes away, too.

I will therefore be unchecking "Keep track of moves" ...

On May 30, 11:31*pm, grammatim wrote:
If there were _no tracked changes_ in the moved sentence, it changes
to green in both places when it's pasted.

That's not useful!

On May 30, 11:19*pm, grammatim wrote:

I tried it with a paragraph. Not only did it wipe out the existing
Tracked Changes (simply presenting the final version as an insertion),
it treated it as deleted and inserted.

On May 30, 7:14*pm, Jay Freedman wrote:

On Sat, 30 May 2009 15:39:23 -0700 (PDT), grammatim
wrote:

There's an option under Track Changes to track "moves" (with double
underline/strikethrough in green). But when I move something, it
simply appears as a deletion and an insertion. What gives?

According tohttp://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/archive/2006/10/13/nice-m...,
"In Word 2007, Track Changes now includes 'move tracking'. If you cut a sentence
or more from one location and paste it to another, it is tracked as a move and
not as a deletion and insertion."

The criterion is apparently "one sentence or more". This seems to be open to
interpretation; for example, if I move a one-word heading including its
paragraph mark, that's tracked as a move.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman