Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
David David is offline

Default Templates and Macros

I am merging data from an outside source into a word document. This .doc
contains a marco (basically renaming it) AutoOpen. Seems lately some users
change the .doc without even knowing it which distroys all of my merge
fields. I was thinking if I used a template (.dot) instead of the .doc that
way no one will be able to alter it.
My problem is, I can't seem to make the macro work within the .dot
(template) which I was hoping would rename the "new document" to
"whatever.doc" which is created everytime the template is opened. I just
keep getting the template opens and the new document is called document1.doc.