Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Help an old lady

The usual reason for losing Menu commands is a corrupt Word DataKey and
following the steps in the FAQ is the best way to go. You could use Windows
XP's Restore - but that may be even more difficult and possibly cause even
more problems. Reinstallation will not help.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
Thats great... but it is too complicated. It will take me at least 2
hours on the phone to explain that and at the end I will need to drink
half a bottle of whisky to calm down!

It has just occured to me that there ought to be a way of returning
Word to it's original state, is there a preferences file somewhere
that I can get her to delete so it will go back to the freshly
installed settings?

Hey thanks again,

Jackie