Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] Jeff@unknown.com is offline

Default Trouble with creating TOC

I am trying to create a table of contents for a short document I am writing.
I am doing so by marking certain headings using "Alt-Shift-O", and then
going to the start of the document and creating the TOC there.

Seems to work fine, except for one entry. It concerns a page that I have
titled "Appendix 2" (There is no "Appendix 1" yet). The code entered is
{.TC."Appendix.2".\f.C.\1."1".}

The only code between this "Appendix 2" and the rest of the text is a page
break.

No matter how often I update the TOC at the beginning of the page, this
"Appendix 2" does not appear in the TOC listings. Not sure why or how to
fix this. I would like it to make it show up. Would appreciate advice.

Thanks.

Jeff