Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hidden text

Hi Jess,

Yes, in this case having a link to a picture of the should be vs 'is' condition could be helpful
Not too easy to see from here what the differences would be from what you're used to seeing

What view are you working in and do you have hidden text set to display?

===========
"Jess08" wrote in message news Hey Bob - When I say the formatting is "off" when I print, I mean that what I
see on my screen is different than what is printed. But my main concern is
not seeing the correct format in the first place. Example - I have many
transmittals saved to my computer. I opened a transmittal in a Word doc from
about 3 weeks ago. When I opened it, the format is not the same as the
original document. It is "off". So, when I view the doc in Full Screen, I can
see the "hidden" text that was there 3 weeks ago originally, but when I edit
in that screen, the actual document that prints out looks completely
different. What I am wondering is if there is a code encrypted that I am not
aware of? Please let me know if you need more info - I'd be happy to send a
picture of what I am viewing and what I should be viewing (ex-the doc from 3
weeks ago). Thanks for all your help!!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP