Doug Robbins

If the length of each document is not more than a single page, you could use
the following macro:

Sub splitter()

'

' splitter Macro

' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document

' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC

'

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

Pages = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yPages)

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

Counter = Counter + 1

DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut

Documents.Add

Selection.Paste

ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:=DocName, FileFormat:= _

wdFormatDocument, LockComments:=False, Password:="",
AddToRecentFiles:= _

True, WritePassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,
EmbedTrueTypeFonts:= _

False, SaveNativePictureFormat:=False, SaveFormsData:=False, _

SaveAsAOCELetter:=False

ActiveWindow.Close

Wend

End Sub

If that is not the case, use a section break to separate the individual
documents and then use:

Sub splitter()

' splitter Macro

' Macro created by Doug Robbins to save each letter created by a mailmerge
as a separate file.

Dim i As Long, Source as Document, Target as Document, Letter as Range
Set Source = ActiveDocument
For i = 1 to Source.Sections.Count
Set Letter = Source.Sections(i).Range
Letter.End=Letter.End-1
Set Target = Documents.Add
Target.Range=Letter
Target.SaveAs FileName:="Letter" & i
Target.Close
Next i

End Sub

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"George M. Lutz" wrote in message
om...
I am a bankruptcy attorney who practices in an "electronic" court.
That is, all filing with the court is done electronically.

I have designed merges for almost all of the usual filings. A typical
filing consists of three separate documents: the motion itself, the
notice, and a proposed order. Each merge I have designed is one
document. I merge that document with a data file, respond to the
prompts, and the result is the three items I need, strung together as
one. I then have to cut two of the documents out, and paste them into
a new document, to get three separate documents to file.

If I created three separate merge forms, I would have to run a merge
for each of them, respond to the prompts for each of them, etc.

Is there a way that I could run a merge exercise one time, with the
result being three separate Word documents?

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

George Lutz