Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Removing a font override from a style

If you don't want a style to track a parent style, having created the style,
change the base style to 'no style' and it will be independent of the parent
style.

Zhiroc wrote:
I knew it was simple, thanks. However, I also think it might not be
the correct way for this to be done, which is part of the reason I
didn't think of it...

In my mind, there is a distinct difference between "removing an
override" and "setting the override to the current default". The
reason is that it can lead to unsuspected behavior. Say I have a
generic Heading style that I use as a parent style, and I set a child
Heading2 style to a different font size. Just because I select the
same font size as the parent does not necessarily mean that I now
want it to track the parent's changes.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Change the font to the one used by Normal.