Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Queries missing from available data sources in mail merge

Office Button Word Options Advanced General Check 'Confirm file
format conversion on open'.

Daniel J. Parietti wrote:
To PEter or ANyone Else Who Might Able to Assist:

I am using Office 2007 and am having the same problem as that
related by the user 'faresatpta'. I followed the directions you
provided in your reply but was not able to find (in the Advanced
settings) any option where I can specify the DDE option for Word
documents to communicate with my Access '07 databases.

Any other thoughts. I've been knocking my head on this problem for
a few days and am getting behind in my work. Otherwise, I will have
to reinstall Office '97.

Dan (Let's Go Sail Lightnings!)

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Which version of Word/Access?

Typically to see all the queries, including parameter queries,
queries that use user-defined Access VBA functions, and so on, you
have to connect to Access using DDE . he default method since Word
2002 has been OLE DB. To change to DDE, in Word 2002/2003 check Word
Tools-Options-General-Confirm conversions at open, go through the
connection process again, and select the DDE option when you see it.
If you're on Word 2007, the option is in Office Button-Word
options-Advanced (near the bottom) and you may also have to click
the "Show all" button in the Confirm Source dialog box.

Other query types can cause problems too, e.g. if they contain
wildcards - but maybe you could let us know if that is the case.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"faresatpta" wrote in message
When I try to do a mail merge using a query in one of my Access
databases, not all queries are showing up on the list when I select
the database. This
used to work and showed all the queries in that database, but
stopped working.