Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Albert Einstein Albert Einstein is offline

Default Word 2007 is unacceptable and must be changed

Larry wrote:

With Word 2007, Microsoft has jumped the shark.

I think the Word community, led by the MVPs--and I've seen several MVPs
openly express their unhappiness about 2007—needs to communicate with
Microsoft and tell them that Word 2007 is UNACCEPTABLE. Acting as a group
we need to ask MS, among other things, to restore basic features that have
been removed such as the Menu bar, the Toolbars, and custom menus and
toolbars; to give users the ability to opt out of the Ribbon (not just to
minimize it temporarily, but get rid of it); and to restore the ease of
accessibility of various important dialog boxes that have now been hidden
away in the most senseless locations.

Try WordPerfect X3. You can customize the menus and toolbars to your
heart's content.