Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bill Gruener Bill Gruener is offline

Default Word 2003 table reformats when pasted to Word 2007

Thanks Pamilia you're recommendation did the trick.

BTW: the someone who changed the settings in Word Options is me. I switched
back the the defaults and what I expected to happen did happen.
--
CSC

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Look at the cut, copy, and paste setting in Word options. Change it to the
default choice.

If you used Ctrl+v, it's possible that someone has overridden the paste
command with paste unformatted text. Paste via the menus instead.

If this doesn't help, I hope someone else has another idea.

Pam

Bill Gruener wrote:
Situation: In a Word 2003 document, I copied a table. I moved to a Word 2007
document and pasted the table.

Result: table converted to text, font size changed, text contained in many
paragraphs, table content extended over two pages.

Troubleshooting efforts: Subsequent copy/pastes did not correct problem. The
content would not return to table format.

Question: What happened? Why? How to avoid in future?