Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Missing endnotes

Press Alt+Ctrl+Home and in the bottom right corner of the screen, select
Endnotes as the items to be scrolled through, then use the down arrow to
scroll through the endnotes until you locate the missing/errant references.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
ups.com...
I deleted some endnotes - properly, I think - but apparently Word did
not reorder and renumber them. Hence I have gaps in my numbering - i.e.
my endnotes skip from 71 to 74 and then to 81 (with no in between). How
can I get Word to renumber and reorder them?