Margaret Aldis

Not sure what your problem is here. If you use Tools Letters and Mailings
Envelopes and Labels you can select the label type (or create a new one)

from the Options button. The New Document button creates a 'sheet of labels'
which is actually just a Word table - you can enter what you like on that -
no compulsion to use Mail Merge. (Turn on table grid lines if you can't see
the label boundaries.)

There is a Microsoft article with the detailed steps at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...269731033.aspx

but note that the article incorrectly says you have to use Mail Merge to get
multiple sheets - actually all you have to do is add rows to the table to
fill another page or pages!

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Manic67" wrote in message
news
I know there are templates within even old versions of Word which

interface
with many Avery label types (incl 8366, file folder labels) but I can't
locate where or how to create a sheet of these labels anywhere. Only

"Mail
Merge" options are available and the interface for file folder labels

limit
you to the same label throughout the entire sheet or to printing one

single
label. Please include detailed directions -- I need all the help I can

get.
PS I could not find answer on knowwledgebase, forum or in the product.
--
Thanks a million!
Sincerely,