Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default Why dont MS just f**king re-write Word from scratch? Its dogsh

Word IS "simply able to do this". If you're not prepared to learn to use the
tool, you get the obvious consequences. It's no surprise that your
supervisor thought your code was a lot of sh*t. On the evidence you've
provided so far, that could easily be true of everything you do.

"Word Hater" wrote in message
Hi Patrick,

I feel your suggestions are poor. Why should I buy a book just to do
something that Word should simply be able to do?

When I copy and paste a heading and body text it should increase the
numbering on the new pasted heading as that is what I've set my numbering
do. It doesnt. It resets it back to '4.1' when it should be '4.3'. If I
right
click and select 'Continue Numbering' do you know what it does? Thats
right.
Bugger all.

Conversley, a set of numbered points I've copied and pasted has continued
the numbering. I right click and select restart numbering and although it
restarts the numbering, it decides to indent it all by a tab. I asked to
restart the numbering not indent it as well.

In my eyes these are bugs and no book or increased knowledge on my behalf
will fix that. I have screen shot evidence of both these events happening
that I can show you if you so desire.

I cant dictate what software to install on my office computer so im stuck
with Word.

Any other suggestions?

"Patrick Schmid" wrote:

Buy a good book and learn how to use Word. Or use OpenOffice if you
don't want to use Word and fight with the indentations there. It's not
going to be any easier.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"Word Hater" Word wrote in message
:

Im a software developer and the hardest part of my job is using MS Word
write all my documentation. Im CONSTANTLY battling with indentations,
numbering and tables that have a mind of their own and are so
counter-intuitive it makes me want to eat my computer. I have handed in
documents to my projects managers in the past which they returned to me
complaining about the formatting. I have simply replied to them that I
refuse
to waste my time using such a badly written bit of software and they
can do
the bloody indentations themselves. Youd think after a million versions
MS
would have fixed it. Oh no.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.