Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BelD@UWA BelD@UWA is offline

Default why does my text type to the right of the paragraph mark?

I have inserted a text box into a document that was created by someone else
(in Saudi Arabia) and the alignment of the paragraph mark is on the
right-hand side. However the text is left-aligned by all normal settings. As
I type text it appears on the right-hand side of the paragraph mark and it
displays (as I type it) reading left to right. If I change the paragraph
alignment to right-aligned, the text displays as being left-aligned, and the
paragraph marks are still appearing to the left of the text (which appears as
the beginning of the line of text).
Has anybody else come across this? Has this got anything to do with the fact
that the document was created by someone in Saudi Arabia? Are their
formatting styles different?
I can apply this formatting to other text using the Format Paintbrush, and I
can also correct this obscure formatting by reapplying the normal style. I'd
really like to know why this has occurred though.
If I could attach a file to this post then perhaps what I am describing
might make more sense€¦