Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John in Riverbank John in Riverbank is offline

Default Footers staying within one line

Hello All,
I've got a problem with footers. It seems (from the best I can tell) that a
footer will not automatically compress itself to one line. What I mean: The
footer contains address (left side of footer) and copyright information
(right side of footer). The address might be long enough to push the footer
to two lines. We'd normally delete spaces between the two items but I've
been asked if the footer will do it automatically. Can it?

Many thanks,
John