Stuart

Default Changes to a Template

I have a template with just 2 Sections. The 1st section
is protected (and contains fields accessible to the user), the 2nd is not
protected.

When a user opens the template, they are actually opening a copy of the
template (as is true for a standard
document). If the user makes changes to the copy and saves it with a
different name, then the template is preserved unchanged. If however they
make changes but save it with the original template's name, then the
template will be overwritten.......I believe this to be correct?

Can I stop this without using code, please? (I wish to avoid the macro
warning/Certificates issue, if possible).

If not, then I'm going to have to use code...perhaps a test for the 'Save
name' in the Document_BeforeClose Event
(if that event exists in the Word Object model).

Regards.