mwcmax99

Yes, I've clicked on the link & read the article several times. The article
reads "...The reason for this is a new feature added in Word 2002 that allows
users to hide the "white space" between pages. This option may be toggled on
the View tab of Tools | Options, as shown in Figure 2." Which to me suggests
that this problem has to do w/ a multipage document. Whenever I click for a
blank document, there is only 1 page, so I'm not missing a white line between
pages. I am typing in print layout view, zoom is set to page width (have
tried text width, whole page width, etc.) with the same result. Thanks
anways, I figure it out, I'll post the answer.

Mitchell" wrote:

Did you even click on the link? It doesn't suggest there's a white line
between your pages. WhiteSpace refers to the white space having vanished.
There's a picture to illustrate, and everything you describe sounds like
that link gives you the fix. So you will have to read the link and say how
your situation is different if that link doesn't fix it.

Alternatively, made sure View is not set to Normal.

You can see the text you are typing, right? It's just that you can't see
where the top margin should be?

On 7/7/05 11:49 AM, "mwcmax99" wrote:

Hi. The page isn't separated by a white line. Instead of the top of my page
beginning at the 2" mark (w/ top margin being set at 1"), the cursor is at
the very top of the page, just underneath the ruler. There's no headspace.
However, if I look at page preview, or if I print the document, it looks
correct and it prints at the 1" mark. It's just hard trying to type a
document with the cursor beign just underneat the ruler.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

See he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

On 7/7/05 11:27 AM, "mwcmax99" wrote:

I'm having this same problem! However, I did not find a solution or an
answer
in any of the replies to this post. Please help!

"Serenity2u" wrote:

I am working in the Print Layout view of a Word document. Suddenly,
although
the top margin is set at 1", the first line of my text is appearing at the
very,very top of the screen with no visible margin. Can you help?