Charles Kenyon

There are problems with the Page field in general. There is a bug in Word
that is different in different versions (including different SRs).
See http://www.addbalance.com/word/pagexofy.htm or
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/PageXofY.htm for information on Page
X of Y problems. You may also want to take a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. If it applies
you may also want to look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumber0.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"helbel78" wrote in message
We have brought our document footers in using a standard piece of
includetext. I used the normal page number code but I found that on a 3
page
document, it repeated '3' as the page number on all 3 pages.

This bookmark in the includetext document was on the first page, so not
sure
why it put page 3 on the merged document unless it was doing a count of
the
pages rather than taking the page number - not sure how this could have
happened though when I used the normal { PAGE } code.

Any ideas if there's a problem with bring page numbers in through
includetext?
--
Helbel78