Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sven Berg Sven Berg is offline

Default "file permission error" depending on file system

In my Word 2007, every attempt to save a file which was created in Word
2003, runs into the error "cannot save due to a file permission error".
But no more errors appear, if I move the file from my documents
partition (FAT32) to any NTFS partition. Similarly, there was a report
that converting from FAT to FAT32 could stop the permission error.
http://groups.google.de/group/micros...05f2492d56d55c

Why is Word affected by the underlying file system? How can this be
fixed? Thanks, Sven