Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Default Why do I get Next Record as my label when using Mail Merge?

jim zuber,
The first label is where you create the way your labels will look like. Once
you are satisfied with the look of the label. On the Mail Merge toolbar,
there should be a button to Propagate the rest of the labels based on the
first label. Once that is done you should Merge to New Document, and review
how the labels will be printed. Then you can print from the document you
created after the merge, if you are satisfied with the results. If not, you
can go back to the original document, change the first label, then Propagate
the Label information again, Merge to New Document, and check the results,
and Print when ready.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"jim zuber" jim wrote in message
I'm using an EXCEL file with Word 2003 Mail Merge to create labels. When I
open my 3 column spreadsheet, everything looks good. Then when it loads
into
the word document, the area where the first label would appear is blank,
while the remaining fields on sheet have "Next Record" as the label. What
am I doing wrong?