Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default page errors in booklets

Long shot: on the Mac, which includes Print to PDF capability in the OS,
there are a number of programs which will take any PDF and shuffle and
shrink the pages to create a booklet. I think 1 of the 3 offers signatures.

I've not heard of anything such on Windows, but it might be worth the
original poster searching for a PDF utility that offers this feature. In
fact, a quick google for "pdf create booklet" suggests that FinePrint and
CutePDF might have the booklet feature.

Otherwise, would signatures work if the original poster subdivided the
document into many files and printed each separately?

On 8/30/06 3:31 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You're the first person I know who's been brave enough to try to use Word's
book fold feature to print signatures. Now you see why commercial printers
don't use Word as imposition software. Seriously, the book fold feature is
seriously flawed.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/