Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Red Red is offline

Default Spell Check

Pensio,

Many thanks!! Your information has helped me solve my spell check problem in
Word 2007.

Have a great day.

"pensio" wrote:

Hi,

After reading from the thread, the problem is not quite clear but I assume
that your English US speller does not work. I also assume that English
speller works fine in other applications. If this is true,your English
speller got disabled in Word. This happened because English speller crashed
sometimes and there was a message asking if you would like to disable the
speller so this crash will not happen and you might accidentally click yes.
Here is an easy fix:

1. Click Office icon Word Options Add-Ins
2. At the bottom, select Disabled Items from Manage drop down box Go
3. Msspell6.dll or some speller files display select it and click Enable
4. Exit Word and relaunch Word

English speller should work now. Let me know if it does not work.
Thank you,
Pensio

"Ryan" wrote:

My spell check worked before a few weeks ago. I called Microsoft and they
told me that they couldnt help me because i did not by the product directly
from them. I called HP which was the suggestion from the Microsoft employee
and HP couldnt help either. The problem started after the program had been
working fine for months. The spell check settings and everything are fine.
Any more ideas?
Thanks