Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default Word 2007 Styles

Slight problem. I have clicked on the "show styles window" arrow in the
lower right corner of the styles pane, then clicked on the "manage styles"
icon to bring up that dialog box. I clicked the "recommended" tab and left
the "sort order" default entry of "as recommended."

I have found the style I created in that list and highlighted it. (By the
way, it has the numeral "1" in front of it and I'm not sure what that
means.) With my created style highlighted, I clicked on the "move up"
button but nothing happens. If I click on the "move down" button, my style
moves down, but I cannot seem to make it move up in the list.

Can you continue to make suggestions??

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
news
The order of the style in the Gallery are determined by the order defined
in the Manage Style dialog, Recommend tab, by selecting a style in the
list and using the Send Up, Send Down or Assign buttons. This order will
then be used for both the Gallery and the Style Pane.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Using Word 2007. I have a style I created that I would like to have
appear in the Styles portion of the ribbon. Is there a way to make my
selected style show up there rather than have to always click the "more
styles" arrow and then scroll down to the one I want?