There is no reason why you should not be able to see your graphics in Print
Layout view. Check http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/...leGraphics.htm
for some possibilities; also, if you're seeing field codes instead of
graphics, press Alt+F9.

FWIW, I don't consider a Tools | Options setting a "major software tweak";
one of the first things Word users should learn is how to customize Word to
look and work the way they want.

"Berenice" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply,

But I don't want to turn off the Reading Layout....

My whole textbook is about how to use Microsoft Office (Word, etc.) and I
can't expect my students to screw around with major software tweaks -
especially if even I can't find out where to change - &gt - in Tools as

you
suggest.

I just want to use the Print Layout view as I have been and STILL be able

see my graphics, edit them and do all the things that could be done in the
2000 and 98 versions.

All I can get now is a blank place-holder where a graphic is and yet it's
there when using Print Preview.

I need to be able to adapt my textbook to incorporate the "few" changes in
2003 so that all students using these versions of Office can use the

textbook.

Hope there is a solution out there.

Thanks again
Berenice

===============
"Berenice" wrote:

This is totally screwing up the updating of my textbook for Office

2003......

I need a full page view where I can see my graphics, edit and format
them......

The Reading Layout is too small [doesn't allow you to fill the screen

with
one page] and I don't have access to all the formatting as with Office
2000....

Uggggh!! New is not always better.

Is there a solution????