Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert a page or page break after Page 1?

I guess it's time you learned about Word's quirks, then. :-)

I suspect that word processors in general make more assumptions than page
layout software (page layout software gives you a lot more control over the
individual pages).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DerbyDad03" skrev i meddelandet
Thanks for the link.

I've got just about all of Excel quirks figured out, even on the VBA side,
but Word and PowerPoint seem to have minds of their own.

Need proof?

"..and you have either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even"
(headers and footers) enabled (or possibly even if you don't), Word will
assume that you are intending to duplex the document..."

What gives Word the right to assume anything about what the user intends
to do? ;-)

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 1:32:35 PM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:
Indeed, seemingly blank pages may not be blank. :-)

For more information, you may be interested in the article at

http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/BlankPage.htm.

--

Stefan Blom

Microsoft Word MVP

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

Got it.

..............Page Break...........(paragraph symbol)

Takes up about 2 inches at end of page.

Thanks!

On Friday, November 8, 2013 12:39:50 PM UTC-5, Peter T. Daniels wrote:

Turn on "Show Non-Printing Characters" (Ctrl-Shift-8) to see what's

in the "blank" space; also, switch to "Draft View" to see the Section

Breaks clearly presented.

On Friday, November 8, 2013 11:38:07 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:15:05 PM UTC-5, Stefan Blom wrote:

Thanks again.

I tried the arrow technique and while it worked as you described, I
am

curious by what I saw. Please explain what Word is doing...

I opened a new Word 2010 document. With the cursor on Page 1,
Position

1, I pressed Ctrl-End, Ctrl-Enter to insert a new page. I then used
the

back arrow as suggested and the cursor landed at a spot 2" beyond
Page

1, Position 1.

So here's my question...I hope this makes sense.

The cursor did not move when I pressed Ctrl-End and then moved to
Page

2 Position 1 when I hit Ctrl-Enter. I assume that means that
Ctrl-Enter

"added" something to Page 1 which causes the cursor to land beyond
the

original end of the document when the back arrow is used.

Further, if the cursor is at Page 2 Position 1 after Ctrl-Enter,
pressing

backspace once does nothing visible, while pressing backspace twice

deletes Page 2. However, as I mentioned, pressing the back arrow moves

the cursor to the 2" spot on Page 1. Pressing backspace at that point

deletes Page 2.

So what is happening in that 2" space on Page 1 that the back arrow
key

recognizes it but the backspace key (sort of) doesn't?