Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill in Co. Bill in Co. is offline

Default Help an old lady

Or she could consider using System Restore to get back to an earlier restore
point, if that help her.

Jay Freedman wrote:
Specifically, the one you want is
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oreMenuCmd.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:04:17 -0500, "Maurice N ~ MVP"
wrote:

[Cross-posting to word.newusers]

Hello Jackie,

Here are some general references for MS Word:
You will find Word FAQ at this site, as well as other topics for MS Word
http://www.mvps.org/word/index.html

See also Office related newsgroups links
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm.../default.mspx?
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

--
Maurice Naggar
MS-MVP

wrote in message
Hi,

My 80 year old mother lives 330 miles away, she is pretty smart but
when stuff goes wrong with the computer it is a major hassle.

This time the File and Edit menus have disappeared in Word. How can
that happen? I didn't believe her when she told me but now she has
sent me a screen shot and sure enough there is a little vertical line
where the menus should be.

I've placed the screen shot here so you can see yourself.

http://www.users.waitrose.com/~zeonozo/word.jpg

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received.

Regards
Jackie