Posted to comp.os.ms-windows.apps.word-proc,microsoft.public.office.setup,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

Default How to setup new deafult doc format for Word 2003 ?

NO! Only Word can make normal.dot. You can copy various items from a
template into normal.dot by using the organiser, but a template saved as
normal.dot is not the same as normal.dot.

ANONYMOUS wrote:
Yes, you need to save as normal.dot and the path should be as follows
in office 2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates

USERNAME is your actual username such as JoeBlog

There is already a normal.dot template there and I suggest change its
name to normal_old.dot

This folder is normally hidden so you need to unhide it first or just
paste the above path in Windows explorer.

hth

Thomas McGregor wrote:

OK, assume I have a new blank document with my favorite left, right,
top and lower margin and my favorite font. I saved this document
into a mydefault.doc file.

How do I setup this document format as my default document format?
In other words: whenever I open Word2003 in the future I want to see
this document format
without any further adjustments / selection.

Where do I setup this in the options ?

Do I have to convert this doc file into a dot file?

Moreover I want to put this doc resp dot file into my special
private folder "D:\priv\word\" (not in a WORD setup start folder) is
this possible ?

Thomas