Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Word XP won't stop recalculating the word count

Hi ?B?Sm9obm55IEFwcGxlc2VlZA==?=,

Oddly enough, when I first got your response, I opened Word and everything
worked perfectly. I couldn't duplicate my problem with any file. Then another
issue caused me to reboot, and now the Word problem is back. Go figure. I
tried your suggestion below, which makes sense, but the new document
immediately exhibits the same word count loop problem. I opened another
simple, one-page document I created earlier today when all was well, and it
is looping now, too. The cut and paste method didn't work on it, either. Any
more ideas?

You are in Safe Mode when you see the problem?

In that case, if you start WINDOWS in Safe Mode, is it still happening?

If it does not happen when Windows is in Safe Mode, then there's something
a re-boot, that would give this hypothesis some support.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)