Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Locked/Unlocked Document Problems

thargett wrote:
I have a locked document and an unlocked document. The locked
document allows users to select check boxes for various items;
however, they cannot access some important embedded documents within
that same document. I also have the same document saved as an
unlocked document that will allow users to access the embedded docs;
but not the check boxes within the document. Is there a way to have
part of the document locked and the other part unlocked? Or is there
another way around this that I haven't considered? I want the user
to be able to check the boxes and be able to access the embedded docs.

Separate the check boxes from the rest of the document by inserting a
section break. Use the Protect Document task pane; when you indicate that
you're protecting for forms, you should see a link below that for "Select
sections". Click that to open a dialog where you can uncheck the section(s)
you want to be unprotected.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman