Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
meowkatt2002 meowkatt2002 is offline

Default ~$

Thanks. I got it. I had to get it through MyDocuments page not from the Word
page, but it worked.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

The original file should be in the same folder as the ~$ temporary owner
file. The ~$ temporary owner file doesn't contain any part of your
original file, so it won't do you any good to open it.

If the original file isn't there, then restore it from a recent backup
of desperately needed files. There are two kinds of computer users:
those who have a backup, and those who wish they did.

meowkatt2002 wrote:

Where & how do I look for the original file? One of mine, with my passwords
on it, somehow changed & has the $. When I open it it comes out in rectangles
& a box to choose languages. Which ever language I choose it still isn't my
document. Can someone give me exact directions to try & find my doc? I
desperatly need it.