Jay Freedman

Default printing blank even pages

On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:46:48 -0400, "Bert"
wrote:

I'm printing a long document with printing on the front and back sides of
the page. First, I print out all the even pages, using the "reverse order"
option. Then I turn the stack over and print all the odd pages. I have
several sections each one set to start on an odd-numbered page. That means
sometimes the last even page of a section is blank.
In Word 2000, this worked fine. If an even page was blank the printer would
simply eject a blank page. In Word 2003, this doesn't happen; however, on
the screen, it appears correctly, even in "Print Preview". As a result, I
have to go through all 100 pages and insert blank pages, otherwise pages get
out of order. Is there a setting I can adjust that will make this work
correctly? It seems as if it's not including a form feed character or
something where the blank page is. (Incidentally, I'm printing to an Epson
C86 printer, which I got about the same time I got Word 2003. Could this be
a printer issue?)
Thanks,
Bert.

Try the method shown at