Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default why do I get [a lot of] duplicate labels when I use mail merge

It is hard to say what is going wrong, but why don't you just create the
labels in Access?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Robert" wrote in message
I am having the exact same problem! Using '07' with mail merge of data from
access db the print preview shows a single page of the 30 addresses I wish
print address labels for, yet when I print I get 3 pages of the first
record
of the preview! All records with the exception of the very first has
NextRecord prior to the addressblock and so far nothing I have tried is
allowing me to print ONE page of 30 labels which of course is also the
number
of records I have selected from my db. HELP!

Robert

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

If you chose to install 2007 alongside Word 2003, both should be
available,
though not without some conflicts - see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

From your description of the merge it is impossible to spot the
deliberate
mistake, however I suspect you are previewing the source document and not
completing the merge. You must merge to a new document or the printer to
see
the merge as it is completed see
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm.
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm and
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

This was exactly the same in 2003!

Logikal1 wrote:
I'm trying to print out ONE set of labels using the new 2007 WORD
[which has disabled my 2003 version so i'm really stuck]. I made a
mail merge of approximately 100 titles and added graphics etc. But,
when I went to preview I got a shocl: I get over 390 labels due to
constant duplications! They're supposed to be in alphabetical order,
yet they keep jumping back and restarting at different points. How
can I correct this problem?