Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle

Default If then else question

No, unfortunately, they are not uneeded:

Here's what I have as merge codes (and I will add ", and" per your
suggestion):

Name1, Name1description Name2, Name2 description Name3 Name3,
description Name4, Name4 description Name 5, Name 5 description, and

This works fine if indeed 5 names are merged. But if any less than 5 are
merged, there are spaces before ", and".

So if there is only one name in the record, the result is:
JOHN SMITH, an individual , and

That's why the ", and" needs to be in the mergecode.

Hope this is clear and that you have a solution.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You must have some uneeded spaces in the field construction some where.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP