Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Repeating form fields across multiple documents?

No - the bookmark referenced must be in the same document. You *may* be able
to achieve what you want with IncludeText fields which can read bookmarked
text across documents. Though I haven't tried it with bookmarked form
fields - and it's time to pack up for the day, so you will get the
opportunity to try it before me

bsharp wrote:
I am using Word 2007. I can now finally (thanks to Greg Maxey's site)
get repeating form fields to work within one document.

I am inserting a legacy text field, then creating a reference, then
protecting the document and choosing "filling in forms" under editing
restrictions.

I work with A LOT of forms. I can now create one document with many
pages, the first page being an "input" page where I list client name,
address, date signed, etc. then the following pages will each be a
separate form that I need and create references within each page,
then just print the page I need.

However, I'd love to be able to enter the client's info into one
document, then reference those fields in separate Word documents.
And, yes, I am aware of Mail Merge, but that isn't quite the soution
I'm looking for. I will be sharing this with my team, who are not
very computer-savvy, so macros are out, as our solutions with too
many steps.

So my basic question is can I reference a bookmark from another Word
document?