Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
goplayoutside goplayoutside is offline

Default Adobe Reader opens when I try to open a .doc file

When I double click on any word 2003 document, I get the following error from
Adobe Reader: Adobe Reader could not open 'name_of_file.doc' because it is
either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for
example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

However, if I right click on any .doc file and Open it with Microsoft Word,
the document opens just fine. I can live with it, but its getting annoying.
Thanks for all your help.