Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnThePresenter JohnThePresenter is offline

Default Please help: Numbering in Expanded Subdocuments

OK I gave up. I have combined all the documents into new, single-file
version. Finally, I had to create an entirely new document and copy/paste all
the parts in one by one. If I started with the original master document and
deleted the subdocuments links then copy/paste still lost the numbering.
Anyway, thanks for replying. No more subdocuments for me.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Not many people use master documents since they are prone to corruption;
that's why it is difficult to get assistance with the master document
feature.

I don't use master documents either, so I can only give you some general
thoughts...

Was numbering set up using styles? Are these defined in each of the
subdocuments *and* in the master document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JohnThePresenter" wrote in
message ...
Hi,
Sorry to ask the same question again but I got no helpful information the
last time - just a message saying the function doesn't work very well (I
could have worked that out for myself).
In Word 2007, the list numbering in the subdocuments is lost when I expand
subdocuments in the master. I am in Word 2003 compatibility mode and I did
not have this problem when using Word 2003. Please respond if you know how
fix this problem in Word 2007. as I am stuck