Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana[_3_] sheana[_3_] is offline

Default Single space lines in Word 2007

Another question. I don't remember this in Word 2003. There is a new feature
called "Quick Styles". There is a row of icons at the top of Word that have
a sample of the font and designation as "normal" or "heading". If I select
a "heading" style and type, and then hit the enter key, the selection moves
to the first square or icon in the row. I can't get it to stay on the (say
3rd or 4th) icon that says "heading". Furthermore, while on the line that
is typed with the "normal" small font, if I select the heading font, it
changes the text to that font, but when I hit the enter key, it
double-spaces, even though I have gone into that style and modified it to
"no spacing". Can you explain this to me? Thanks in advance.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Line Spacing: Format Paragraph and change the Space After to 0: by default
it is set to 10pt.

To change the formatting, right-click on the Style and select MODIFY.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"sheana" wrote in message
I have Windows 7 and Word 2007. It is very different from Word 2003. At
the top, there are font "Styles". How do I get the lines to single-space
instead of double-space? Also, when I tried to type a centered heading
for a letter, the font kept switching back and forth between the quick
styles if I would hit the return, or try to center the line. How do you
alter these quick styles? I like some of them, but often the font is too
large and they double instead of single-space everything. Thanks in
advance.