Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Word does not Respond

1. Which version of Word?

2. What is the data source?

3. Can you get merge to work with /any/ data source? e.g. all you need
to test is a Word document containing a small table with 2 columns and
2-3 rows in a Word with the column names in row 1.

4. In some cases if the data source is actually an application (e.g.
Access) the application may pop up a dialog box that you do not see
because it is behind the main document window. If you alt-tab you may
see it and be able to respond.

5. Otherwise, I think you should consider using check and repair (or the
Office 2007 equivalent) and/or deleting your Word data key (there's
info. about that at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541 . FWIW doing
the check/repair does not check or delete the data key (Personally, I
tend actually to delete the data key first, even though I lose some
settings info. but my Word usage is probably quite atypical.)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 09/03/2010 22:23, Korme wrote:
When creating a mail merge Word hangs after I choose the mail merge document
type... Word states "Not Responding" . I have left it for very long periods
of time to see if I would get some kind of error however it never does. I
end up having to CTRL, ALT, Delete many times to get it to close.