Daiya Mitchell

Default Header & Footer "This point foward" applies previous

Exactly what are you selecting that you think means "remove the
header/footer from these pages"? Cause I don't think that exists in Word.

Anyhow.

Go to the end of your second page. Insert | Break | Section Break Next Page.
View Header and Footer. In the second section that you just created, click
the "link to previous" icon on the header/footer toolbar, to turn it off.
Put the header/footer that you want in the second section. Go to the
previous section and delete any text in the header/footer.

You might also need to go to File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that
you haven't turned on First Page Header or Odd/Even Headers because you
thought they were the correct route to what you needed. They aren't.

On 10/20/05 3:29 PM, "carole6722" wrote:

I have a 20 page document. I want the first and second page not to have a
header/footer. When I try the option "this point foward, it applies it to the
second page, even though I'm inserting it on page 3.

Thank you in advance

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/