Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to format ellipsis?

Come clean ... did you already have a tab before each page number
(group), or did you have to go back and add them?

And you have to promise that the next time you do an index, you'll do
it the right way, by inserting XE fields and letting Word do the work.
(It'll even insert the field on every occurrence of a word you want it
to.)

On Dec 9, 11:17*am, stollerf
wrote:
Thank you! *That's exactly what I needed!!!!

"grammatim" wrote:
You can still save all the typing you've done (this time) -- if
there's a tab before the page number(s) in each entry. Select all the
paragraph-entries in the index, click at the right end of the ruler at
the top to insert a tab, then click precisely on that tab marker to
open the tabs dialog. Then choose "right" and the kind of leader you
want -- the dot leader should be the first choice below "None."

On Dec 8, 8:13 pm, stollerf
wrote:
I didn't create the index using the INDEX field. *Just typed the text
intending to add page numbers afterwards. *Not sure how to create an index .
. . .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you have created an index using an INDEX field (or a table of contents
with a TOC field), this will be automatic.

http://word.mvps.org

"stollerf" wrote in message
Using Office Home/Student 2007, how do I format/align ellipsis in Index
with
page numbers?--