Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
crystal crystal is offline

Default How to format ellipsis?

yes, after i re-read your response I was wondering if that's what you meant.
I apologize for misunderstanding. wow, you work long hours! you were on at
8:30 last night and now again this early

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What I meant by "I haven't heard anything about this" was that I haven't
heard whether MS are working on a fix for the problem of Shift+F5 not
working on reopening a doc.

http://word.mvps.org

"Crystal" wrote in message
The Shift F5 topic is from an old discussion dated 10/1/07 as follows. I
just got Word 2007 last Friday and the Shift F5 feature does not work,
unless
there's a fix for it somewhere. It worked for me every time in Word 2003.
Thank you.

Subject: Shift+F5 doesn't work in Word 2007 10/1/2007 7:30 PM PST

By: Suzanne S. Barnhill In: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Web portal from which you posted (Microsoft Communities), you can
choose to post a question, a reply to a question, or a "Suggestion for
Microsoft."

so
all may benefit.

"GMc" wrote in message
"Jay Freedman" wrote: " I'm going to ask Microsoft to log this issue as

bug. You can help by submitting your request as a 'suggestion to

Microsoft.'"

Thanks for the additional research/info, Jay. I do not know how to submit

suggestion to Microsoft. Plz advise.

--
GMc
Phoenix

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I haven't heard anything about this, and I don't know why it was disabled
in
the first place, but I believe there are occasional problems with the
command even in earlier versions.

http://word.mvps.org
********************************
"Crystal" wrote in message
thank you, yes, i finally figured it out. I had to click on the actual
tab
setting (i.e., 6.63) and then choose the #2 dot leader and it worked.

On a separate note, has there been any further decision on reactivating
the
use of Shift F5 to go to the last edited location in a document? I
sure
miss
that feature. thank you

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can use any kind of tab stop, but you must go to the Tabs dialog
and
choose a period leader, then click OK.

http://word.mvps.org

"Crystal" wrote in message
what kind of tab stop do I need before the number? I have tried a
regular
tab and a right tab and neither will insert a dot leader. I used to
have
this same problem with Word 2003. Word 2007 is worse

"grammatim" wrote:

You can still save all the typing you've done (this time) -- if
there's a tab before the page number(s) in each entry. Select all
the
paragraph-entries in the index, click at the right end of the ruler
at
the top to insert a tab, then click precisely on that tab marker to
open the tabs dialog. Then choose "right" and the kind of leader
you
want -- the dot leader should be the first choice below "None."

On Dec 8, 8:13 pm, stollerf
wrote:
I didn't create the index using the INDEX field. Just typed the
text
intending to add page numbers afterwards. Not sure how to create
an
. . .

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
If you have created an index using an INDEX field (or a table
of
contents
with a TOC field), this will be automatic.

http://word.mvps.org

"stollerf" wrote in
message
Using Office Home/Student 2007, how do I format/align
ellipsis
in
with
page numbers?-