Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] amakeler@gmail.com is offline

Default Three almost identical manuals

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you can buy a ready-made add-on to Word
that does some of that. It is Quadraly Transit, which is a part of
WebWorks ePublisher, I understand that you can buy it separately. I
think it costs about $300. But it suffers from the Hide problem I
already described, and I understand that it doesn't manage doc
variables / properties as part of the conditions.

Btw, yes, you have to be careful about careering headlong into a
programming effort (or any effort) before giving the thing a lot of
hard thought and research. We all know how long programming takes...
This is coming from a guy who has bitten himself once or twice... g

wrote:
I'll suggest using bookmarks
instead of Open and Close markers because bookmarks surrounding visible text
don't have to be hidden.

I also have to deal with the conditonal text issue. I was also thinking

SNIP