Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lynnvance lynnvance is offline

Default speech recognition

Hi everyone-OK I wasn't "right" clicking- I got the tool bar but there's no
'speech' on it under tools...guess I have to install that
Dragonspeak--everytime I install something (had Dragonspeak on, but removed
it) it REALLY slows down my computer-maybe I need more memory...THX
everyone-Lynn

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Lynn,

Right click on the 'Start' button and choose properties, then the 'Taskbar' tab. It shows a sample of the Taskbar. The 'Keep the
Taskbar on top, may not be checked.

It should also, in that tab, show a sample of the 'Notifications area' (formerly the 'system tray') which is wehre the language bar
shortcut icon might appear when minimized.

=========
"lynnvance" wrote in message ...
Dear Suzanne,
I can locate the Start button-when I click on it I get a popup window that
shows a few of the last programs used, has :all programs, run, search, etc.
but there's nothing I recognize as a task bar, and no tools option...? am I
looking at the wrong thing? THX
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net