Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default Open without a blank document?

From the help file under Customize how Word StartsStartup Switches

/n

Start a new instance of Word with no document open. Documents opened in each
instance of Word will not appear as choices in the Window menu of other
instances.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
Word 2003, Win XP Pro SP2

Seems to me with Word 97 there was some option, when opening Word
directly, to have it _not_ start with a blank document. Then when I
did FileNew and selected a template I'd have just one Word doc
open, he new one I was creating.

But I can't find that option in Word 2003. And since I have "Show
windows in Taskbar" set I have a taskbar spot for the unneeded empty
document and a second one for the document I'm creating. (I want to
keep "Show windows in Taskbar" for the times when I'm actually
working on more than one document at a time.)

I see the /n switch in Help for the command line, but is there any
option setting?

http://OakRoadSystems.com/