Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Newbie macro help please

Note that this should not require a macro. Just View | Header and Footer,
Switch Between Header and Footer, Ctrl+E to center (or tab once to the
centered tab stop), click on Insert Page Number, and all your pages will be
numbered. Save the document as a template if desired.

http://word.mvps.org

"Barnet" wrote in message
I'm trying to record a macro that will number the pages in my document. I
seem to do OK at first: name the macro, make a keyboard shortcut, begin
recording, execute the commands to put page numbers at the bottom center
of
the document, and then stop recording.

But when I run the macro it stops with 'Runtime error 5941, the requested
member of the collection does not exist.' When I look at debug, it seems
show all the steps except for adding the page number itself down in the
footer.

Also, since I've tried this a few times I seem to have to come up with new
names for the macro. Is there a way to erase all the old attempts and old
names to 'clear the slate'?

Thanks in advance,

Barnet