Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default One page [only] Word restriction

How did you modify the ribbon? With Word's built-in user interface (which
requires Word 2010 or later)? Or did you use some third-party software?

Or (the simplest scenario) if the ribbon has just been minimized, so that
you only see "File," "Home," "Insert," etc. but not the commands. To fix
that, right-click the ribbon you can click to deselect the Minimize the
Ribbon option.

To fix the problem that prevents you from starting a new page, try the
following: On the Page Layout tab, click Columns | More Columns. Under
"Presets," click the "One" option, even if it already appears to be
selected. Make sure that "Apply to" reads "Whole document." Click OK. Does
that make a difference?

If you are seeing the problem not only with specific documents but also when
you create new ones, you have to open the Normal template as a document and
repeat the procedure described above. Save and close Normal, when you are
done.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hanajack" wrote in message

Under 'View', print layout is highlighted in orange.

I was trying to make the ribbon more useful for my applications; i.e.
under ‘Home’ don’t need, use or want all that space given to Styles; but
would like rows and columns, page setup, etc.
In any event Word is all messed up now. No styles on Home but also
no cut, copy or paste.
Also, the right margin goes into a no response dead zone regardless of
margin setting.
Examples of the one page only condition: if typing, at the end of that
page the second page will not come up; or, copying a two page document
and pasting it to a blank Word document, it will paste only the first
page, but; if a section of that paste is deleted or space on that first
page can be gained, then part of that un-pasted second page will appear
on the bottom of the ‘first’ page.
Hope that helps.

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;494393']Thinking about it, the document could be in Web Layout or Draft
view. Change
it back to Print Layout view on the View tab of the ribbon.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" skrev i meddelandet
...-
Thinking about it, if you mean that it looks like a single page, the

"Stefan Blom"
skrev i meddelandet

...-
Usually, a new, blank document is only one page long. Pages are added
as
you add content that doesn't fit on the first page. You will have to
explain more in detail what happens... What are the exact symptoms?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"hanajack"
skrev i meddelandet
...-

Trying to make my ribbon more useable for me, I somehow have limited
any
new Word document to one page only and can not find a way to get it
back
to normal. Help?

--
hanajack-