Graham Mayor

haliburton girl wrote:
I am sorry but this message made no sense to me at all. What is a
paragraph mark? And when do I use the macro (I assume that is that
big long complicated script below in your message)? And I actually
do all this once it has merged all the files into a new document? Or
do I do it in the setup? J

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A paragraph mark is what ends a paragraph - ie if you click ¶ on the toolbar
(or CTRL+*) you can display the formatting (repeat the commnad to change it
back again)

If your list looks like
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn,¶
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn,¶
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn,¶
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn,¶
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn,¶
mmmmm, nnnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn, nnnnnnnn,¶

Then the replace function will work (the macro simply runs the same replace
function) http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
Merge to a new document and run the replace on that document.
ie
replace
,^p
with
^p
If there is a space between , and ¶ then replace
, ^p
with
^p