Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default splitting cells

In circumstances such as this, the best thing is to think ahead, which in
this case would mean starting with 7 columns.

Alternatively, select the cells in the fifth column of rows 3 and 4 and use
the Split Cells facility to split the cell in each row into 2. You will
then have 7 cells (i.e. columns) in each of those rows.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"afdmello" wrote in message
I have a table with 6 columns and 4 rows
in the second row column 2 to 6 is having merged cells and the resultant
is one cell

When I want to insert a column to the left of 5th row word is not
permitting due to merged 2nd row.
when I split the second row column 2 to 6 to match the original table the
cells are not aligned and I have to use my mouse to align the cells.

Is there a way to ensure that the split command will result the cells to
align with that of the original cell borders

afd