Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Howq to send using Thunderbird.

At least if you are clicking a "mailto" type of hyperlink, Word should start
the default e-mail application. The e-mail commands (ribbon and QAT) might
behave differently, though.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Magritte" wrote in message
I'm using Word 2007 in Windows 7 (64 bit) and Thunderbird 3.0.3.

I've verified that Thunderbird is the default mail handler. I've gone to
the
default programs control panel and double checked that Thunderbird is
checked
for MAILTO and Send mail, and that Outlook is unchecked for both.

Despite this, whenever I try to send as email from within Word it opens up
an Outlook message. I do use Outlook with a hosted exchange server but
only
use it for the non-email components. I never send mail through Outlook.

Is there any way to get Word to use Thunderbird instead of Outlook?

Thanks.